Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office – Nursing
The Admissions Counselor for the Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office is responsible for recruiting prospective students and applicants interested in the Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs. Admissions recruitment, counseling, outreach, and application review are all significant functions of this position. This position reports to the Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions.
- Reflect and promote the mission, vision and identity of the University.
- Manage a recruitment territory comprised of prospective adult students interested in the Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs.
- Implement recruiting strategies as directed by the management team.
- Schedule and attend recruitment activities including organized fairs and events and make presentations at community colleges, churches, organizations and businesses.
- Maintain scheduled contact via telephone, email and social media with prospect and applicant roster. Must be accountable to goals and yield as set by management.
- Assist with coordination of various prospect and applicant on-campus and off-site visit programs. Conduct individual on-campus appointments and occasional tours.
- Counsel applicants through the admission process.
- Complete unofficial transcript evaluations for prospective students and applicants.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in admissions, recruitment, education, public relations, or marketing preferred.
- Priority given to individuals with health profession experience or recruitment of health science professionals.
- Excellent experience in customer relations and service administration required.
- Ability to professionally represent Vanguard University in a variety of situations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to students, parents, staff, administration, faculty, community college representatives and pastors.
- Strong collaborative and team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized and efficient. Ability to work independently, handle large volumes of work, and multi-task with interruptions.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with enterprise system such as Colleague preferred.
- Overnight travel and occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University, its programs, and requirements.
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://humanresources.vanguard.edu/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled or until a sufficient number of applications are received.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.