Undergraduate Admissions Office
The Admissions Counselor for the Undergraduate Admissions Office is responsible for recruiting prospective students and applicants within designated geographic regions or student cohort. Admissions recruitment, counseling, outreach and application review are all significant functions of this position. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Undergraduate Admissions.
- Reflect and promote the mission, vision, and identity of the University.
- Manage a recruitment territory based on geographical area and/or student cohort.
- Develop and maintain relationships with high school guidance counselors, community college transfer centers, youth pastors and other key influencers in assigned territory.
- Implement recruiting strategies as directed by management team.
- Schedule and attend recruitment activities and make presentations at high schools, community colleges, churches, and organized fairs and events.
- Maintain scheduled contact via telephone, email and social media with prospect and applicant roster. Accountable to goals and yield as set by management.
- Manage application roster of approximately 300 during annual recruitment cycle.
- Assist with coordination of various prospect and applicant on-campus and off-site visit programs. Conduct individual on-campus appointments and occasional tours.
- Counsel applicants through the admission process, including the financial aid awarding process, academic registration and financial registration.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in admissions, recruitment, education, public relations or marketing preferred.
- Excellent experience in customer relations and service administration required.
- Ability to professionally represent Vanguard University in a variety of situations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to students, parents, staff, administration, faculty, high school/community college representatives, and pastors.
- Strong collaborative and team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized and efficient. Ability to work independently, handle large volumes of work, and multi-task with interruptions.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with enterprise system such as Colleague preferred.
- Overnight travel and occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University, its programs, and requirements.
Full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://humanresources.vanguard.edu/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.