School for Graduate and Professional Studies
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate, organize, oversee, and perform a wide variety of administrative and research support activities for the five Program Chairs in the School for Graduate and Professional Studies. The administrative assignments may be confidential in nature and must be executed in a timely, efficient and professional manner. This position reports directly to the Chairs of the Professional Studies programs.
- Conduct research, including competitive analyses, and compile and prepare reports including data charts and graphs.
- Draw insights and conclusions from gathered data.
- Work with Chairs to develop and oversee implementation of online and on-ground surveys including completion of senior exit surveys, exit interviews, and assessment surveys.
- Revise and update professional studies curricula, under the direction of the Program Chairs.
- Work with Professional Studies Chairs to disseminate course evaluations.
- Work with Professional Studies Chairs to coordinate with faculty to fill course schedules before calendar is distributed and implemented by PS office.
- Work with PS Chairs to develop faculty newsletter in digital format.
- Research, recommend, and implement, upon approval, academic and student life resources, tutorials and upgrades to the PS website.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve facilities, and take minutes of meetings.
- Prepare correspondence, file, and disseminate mail.
- Other Professional Studies projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two to three years’ experience in administrative work required, proficiency in internet research preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services, ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of office management and academic administrative principles and procedures.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, research, and organization skills with the capacity to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills required in Microsoft Word (advanced Word skills including appropriate use of Smart Art graphics), Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook, Survey Monkey, and Database management skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and handle confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal and consistent, professional communication skills to interface with students, faculty, staff and other stakeholder groups.
- Strong work ethic, dependable, high attention to detail and timely follow-up, ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently, high degree of integrity, team player and a positive attitude.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University.
Part-time 20 hours per week position with opportunity to move into a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and at this time, includes a prorated benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://www.vanguard.edu/humanresources/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University..