The Master of Theological Studies (MTS) is designed for:
- those desiring training in biblical studies and theology
- teaching pastors
- and those seeking strong preparatory work in pursuit of a doctoral degree.
The program provides broad, practical training in biblical studies, theology, and leadership.
- Combine major coursework in biblical studies and theology with elective coursework in a variety of areas.
- Complete the degree program quickly, in just two to three years.
- Attend convenient eight-week classes designed for busy adult students.
- The program is a great value for the price.
Cost & Financial Aid
The current cost per unit for is $450. At that rate, tuition for each course costs $1,350 and the program tuition cost is $21,600. The cost for textbooks varies from class to class. Seventy-two percent of graduate students at Vanguard receive financial aid.
Vanguard admits students to the Master of Theological Studies for Fall (August), Spring (January) and Summer (May) entry. Students may apply for admission via paper or online application.
In preparation for the program, students are required to complete baccalaureate level Old Testament and New Testament survey courses. Those who have not completed the courses have the option of taking appropriate coursework or completing reading assignments for Old Testament and New Testament survey equivalence.