We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2014 Semester. Submit your application as soon as possible to ensure admission consideration to start in August.
Individuals interested in pursuing a graduate degree in Religion at Vanguard University should complete the following steps.
1. Fill out an Application: Apply online now. Or, download the paper version of the Graduate Religion Application and its Checklist. If you prefer to receive one directly from the Graduate Admissions Office, you can fill out our online request form, or call the Graduate Admissions Office at (877) 669-8872. Please fill out the application for admissions and mail with all requested information below. We encourage you to apply now. Please note that Vanguard accepts applications on a rolling basis.
2. Application Fee: An application fee of $45.00 is required. Checks may be made out to Vanguard University.
3. Photograph: A photograph of the applicant is required (passport size or larger).
4. References: Download the paper version of the Reference Form. A form and letter must be submitted by both a pastoral and academic reference in order to complete your application.
5. Personal Statement (3-5 pages): Write a detailed statement of purpose which describes your reasons, including vocational reasons, for pursuing a graduate degree in Religion at VUSC. Also describe how your Christian faith is related to your desire to pursue the M.A./M.T.S. If you plan to concentrate in Leadership Studies, indicate the nature and the length of your previous church ministry experience as a part of your response.
6. Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Please provide a detailed resume or curriculum vitae listing all employment, experience, education, training, etc.
7. Sample of Research Paper (if applicable): If academic experience is within the last three years, please provide a sample research paper.
8. Official Transcripts: Please request official transcripts from all of the colleges you have attended (including colleges you attend for pre-requisite course work).
9. Submit Application and Supporting Documentation: The completed application form, along with all supporting documents, should be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office.
If you have any questions regarding the program or the application process, please contact Graduate Admissions at GradAdmissions@vanguard.edu or by calling (877) 669-8872.
Students wishing to apply for the collaborative Vanguard-Saddleback Master of Theological Studies should also visit this page.