A student seeking the M.A. Degree in Leadership Studies must meet the following admission requirements:
1. Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Applicants from an institution accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, or from other institutions not accredited by a regional association, will be considered on an individual basis. If accepted, provisional standing will be applied. After completion of 12 units earning a grade of “B” or better in each course, the student may request transferring to regular standing.
- Students in the senior year of their Bachelor’s degree can still apply. If admitted, conditional standing will be granted until they are finished with their Bachelor’s degree.
2. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (on a four-point scale) in all Bachelor’s work.
Exception: If the GPA is below 3.0, the student’s application may still be considered at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. If accepted, provisional status will be granted, requiring students to complete the first 12 units of graduate level courses with grades of “B” or above before receiving further consideration for regular standing in the Graduate Programs in Religion.
3. International students have additional admission requirements, which can be reviewed by clicking here.
Applicants who are offered acceptance are asked to submit the following items within fifteen days of their acceptance date:
- Acknowledgement of Acceptance (form provided in acceptance packet) indicating your intent to enroll for graduate studies at Vanguard;
- $100 Enrollment Deposit (nonrefundable) which will be applied to your first semester’s tuition.