Master of Science in Organizational Psychology
1. Why a Master of Science in Organizational Psychology?
- This program prepares students for highly competitive professional practice. Professional opportunities in industrial and organizational psychology are expected to grow 53% or more by 2022.
- MSOP curriculum is based on recommendations of relevant professional associations, such as Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology (SIOP), the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the Academy of Management (AOM). This reflects our commitment to academic quality and professional respectability.
- Evening classes meet once a week from 6-10 PM with some online enhancements. There are also six highly practical Saturday seminars during this two-year program.
2. What type of jobs will I be qualified for with a master’s degree in Organizational psychology?
Our graduates are likely to work in human resources management, organizational development, recruiting, training and talent development, management consulting, intercultural relations, and other areas of interaction between individuals and organizations .
3. I want to help people. Is this program for me?
- Organizational Psychology could be a great fit if you are interested in helping people through creating healthy and just organizational cultures, evaluating effectiveness of training programs in organizations, or advocating for enhancing work-life balance in the workplace.
- If you are interested in helping people by providing individual counseling, you might find a better fit with the field of Clinical Psychology http://www.vanguard.edu/graduatepsychology/ .
4. How often does a new cohort begin?
- New cohorts begin each Fall and Spring semester.
5.What are the pre-requisites to start the Master’s?
- General Psychology
- Social Psychology
- One other relevant course (Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Communication, Research Methods, Psychological Testing, Theories of Personality, Systems of Psychology. etc.)
6. What is the cost of the program?
- 42 Units
- Total cost $24,150
7. Is Financial Aid available?
- Yes, up to $20,500 per academic year.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.gov Vanguard University Federal School Code: 00129310.
*Ask about our professional colleague discount.
8. What is the difference between an MS in Organizational Psychology and other business or leadership degrees, such an MA in Organizational Leadership or an MBA/HR emphasis?
The major difference is the emphasis on empirical science approach. Psychology is an empirical science. Our students are trained in the scientific method, and in additional to rich content knowledge they develop substantial skills in evaluating and conducting empirical research, measurement, data analysis, and evidence-based organizational practice. Graduates with a degree in Organizational Psychology have unique skills that are increasingly valued by organizations as modern environment demands data-driven decision making.