We are currently accepting applications for the fall 2017 semester.
The fall application deadlines are as follows:
May 1, 2017 – Final Deadline
Students applying after May 1 are evaluated on a space available basis.
The spring 2017 application deadline was November 1, 2016.
Individuals interested in pursuing a teaching credential and/or degree from the Graduate Education program at Vanguard University should complete the following steps.
1) Fill out an Application: Apply online here. Or, download and complete our paper version of the Graduate Education Application and its Checklist (pdf)*. If you prefer to receive one directly from the Graduate Admissions Office, fill out our info request form, or call the Graduate Admissions Office at (877) 669-8872. Please fill out the application for admissions and mail with all requested information below. We encourage you to apply now. Please note that Vanguard accepts applications on a rolling basis.
2) Application Fee: An application fee of $45.00 is required. Submit credit card payment online, or checks may be made out to Vanguard University.
3) References: Download the paper version of the Graduate Education Reference (pdf)*. Each applicant is required to secure three references as part of the application process, please print the PDF version three times, one for each reference. One of these should be from a professor with whom you took classes in your field of study; two others should be professional references.
4) Personal Statement: On a separate sheet of paper, in 250 words or less, write a statement of purpose describing your reasons for applying to VU’s Graduate Program in Education. In this paper discuss: professional goals and aspirations; future plans as a result of furthering your education in this graduate program; the relationship between your professional goals and your Christian faith; any additional information concerning your preparation for graduate study.
5) CBEST Verification: Please present an original 3″ X 4″ transcript card (for credential applicants only).
6) Official Transcripts: Please request official transcripts from every college or university you have previously attended (including colleges you attend for pre-requisite course work).
7) Submit Application and Supporting Documentation: The completed application form, along with all supporting documents, should be submitted to the Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office.
If you have any questions regarding the program or the application process, please contact Graduate and Nursing Admissions at email@example.com or by calling (877) 669-8872.
*(PDF files require the free Adobe reader to view and print)