A teaching credential from Vanguard University provides the training you need to help you fulfill your calling to the classroom.
- Single Subject Teaching Credential for secondary teaching
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential for elementary teaching
May be completed in two semesters. Prerequisite coursework for the credential may require an additional semester of study.
2 Weekends at the beginning:
Friday from 1:00 to 6:00 pm
Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Mondays from 4:00 to 7:30 pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4:00 to 7:00 pm
Beginning Student Teaching (BST):
3 days per week 7:30 am to 3:30 pm (approximately)
Wednesdays from 4:00 to 8:30 pm
Teaching five days per week:
7:30 am to 3:30 pm (approximately)
- CBEST (verification of attempting)
- Subject Matter Competence:
- Single Subject Credential: approved coursework completed in your undergraduate major OR passing appropriate subject matter CSET exam
- Multiple Subject Credential: CSET
Combined with Master of Arts in Education
Just twelve additional units (four classes) are required to complete a Master of Arts in Education. Combined Teaching Credential and MA may be completed in four semesters (two years). Prerequisite coursework for the credential may require an additional semester of study.
At Vanguard, you get a lot of personal attention and support from your professors and classmates. I really value the camaraderie that formed among the students.
– Amanda Estrada, Fifth Grade Teacher
Newport-Mesa Unified School District