After significant planning, preparation, and prayer, Vanguard University has approved plans to make significant renovations and upgrades to Vanguard’s “front door,” the Scott Academic Center.
The Scott building today is the hub of student services including admissions, financial aid, accounting, and the registrar offices.
Our vision is to thoroughly renovate and enhance the Scott building to include:
- Ten new classrooms (serving traditional undergrad programs, the School of Professional Studies, and the Masters in Nursing Program)
- Expanded space for core programs (Veterans Resource Center, Nursing Program, and the Global Center for Women and Justice)
- A new café and gathering space
- Renovated public restrooms
- A tower element to give the building landmark significance
- A complete exterior facelift
The Scott building project is well-conceived, appropriately timed, and absolutely necessary to the future of Vanguard University. We are moving forward confidently with the understanding that our success will have a transformative impact on the lives of all students, faculty and staff, and our campus and larger community as we better fulfill our mission to honor God and serve others by equipping each student for a Spirit-empowered life of Christ-centered leadership and service.
Securing $7 million from Vanguard family and friends to bring our vision for the Scott building to reality is sure to be challenging but we believe firmly that our goal is achievable. The investment is sure to pay priceless dividends and we also know well that our supporters are generous and care deeply about the mission and success of the University.