Written by: Amanda Enzenauer(Study abroad with Best Semester in Washington D.C for Spring 2017) My God is a God of promises. When I wrote those words a few weeks ago, I still had so many unanswered questions: “How am I going to pay for this?” and “Am I really meant to be there?” among them. I have always […]
Want to send your student a treat to ease the stress of Finals Week?
Send them a Lions Loot Box! Find out how by clicking here.
Welcome to the office of Global Education and Outreach. Our mission is to equip students to pursue knowledge and deepen their faith through local and global outreach, study abroad, and service learning. We desire for every student to participate in a cross-cultural engagement opportunity during their time as a student.
From participating in a local service project to spending a semester overseas, our desire is that each student engages with others and actively integrates their education and Christian faith.
- To educate and develop students intellectually, socially, and spiritually through cross-cultural engagement opportunities. (Philemon 6)
- To inform and instill in the Vanguard community that they are called, gifted, and empowered to glorify God by ministering in our own community and throughout the world. (Eph. 4:1)
- To create and provide a variety of ministry opportunities for the Vanguard community to explore and express their gifts and calling. (Eph. 4:11-13)
- To train, equip, and empower the Vanguard community for service and faithful gospel proclamation. (2 Tim. 3:17)
- To fulfill the Great Commission by preaching the gospel of Christ and putting our faith into action in the church, local community and the world. (Mt. 28:18-20)
Areas of Involvement
Every person has the right to learn and grow. Many struggle with receiving a solid education locally and globally due to a variety of factors. Whether it is a language barrier or lack of resources, we want to be a community that as we focus on our education, we are able to steps in those gaps to invest in the education of others.
Empowerment is the difference between doing something for someone versus them learning to do for themselves. We long to invest in the efforts that are encouraging and empowering people in all walks of life to take steps to better themselves, their families and their communities. We value this form of ministry because as people are able to take ownership and value themselves and their God-given abilities, there is sustainability.
We believe that one of the primary means that the Kingdom of God is expanded is through intentional and strategic church planting. We desire to be a community that is invested in the church and supports its growth around the world.
There is endless opportunity for the body of Christ to step into the many needs in the social justice arena to stand with those who are hurting and speak up for those who can’t. Working with other areas of our campus as well as local and global ministries, we strive to see those who are often unnoticed and bring forth freedom and healing.