Returning Undergraduate Financial Aid Process
Below are the steps needed in order to qualify for financial aid assistance:
- Submit your FAFSA by March 2: As a returning student it is still important to submit your FAFSA by this date, as any need based institutional aid you qualify for will still generally be awarded on a first come first served basis.
- Verification: If selected for verification, provide the Financial Aid Office with all documents requested by May 1. Failure to do this will result in a delay in awarding your financial aid, which may impact your ability to complete Financial Registration or register for classes.
- Accept or decline your aid: After you have been awarded your financial aid for the year, log in to your myVU and accept or decline any offered aid.
- Only accepted aid will reflect on MyBill and any Registration Statements sent out by the Office of Accounting Operations.
- Declining unwanted aid removes you from mailing lists for required documents.
- First Time Direct Loan Recipients: Complete your Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling. These items must be completed on studentloans.gov. This will only apply if you did not complete these your first year at Vanguard, for example if you declined any loans offered to you in your first year, and then choose to accept loans in your second year. FAO cannot process your Direct Loans without these items. If you do not intend to borrow Direct Loans, make sure you decline your loans in your MyVU Portal.
- Office of Accounting Operations: Complete Financial Registration. It is highly recommended that you also sign up for eRefund if you haven’t. Visit OAO’s Student Account Center online for additional information regarding your student account. Failure to complete Financial Registration will result in fines, a hold on your meal plan (if applicable), and being dropped from classes.
Please note returning students selected for verification we will not be awarded any financial aid until all verification documents are submitted and processed.