Volunteer Income Tax Assistance(VITA)
Project Leader: Rachel Martin
To schedule your FREE tax preperation appointment please call 888-434-8248
Vanguard University’s Enactus would like to again serve as a Community Tax Day Partner for the 2013 tax season. Enactus is an international organization, which strives to make a difference in the community. One such way is in helping underserved tax payers through programs such as VITA and Facilitated Self-Assist. Vanguard seeks to instill leadership and communicate skills in every student on campus. Thus, VITA is not only an incredible service opportunity for the community; it also services our students by preparing them for the real world after they graduate.
Furthermore, Enactus would like to give back to Vanguard, as many students can benefit from this service as well. The Enactus chapter at Vanguard University looks forward to making VITA a strong and vibrant service for the community this year.
If you worked during 2012, and your household earned income was less than $50,270, you may be eligible to claim and receive the earned income tax credit (EITC) of up to $5,891*
How To Qualify For EITC?
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- Have a valid social security number
- Earned income in 2012
- Earned less than $50,270 (total household) in 2012
- Cannot use “Married Filing Separately” Status
- Cannot be claimed as a qualified child
- Cannot file Form 2555 or 2555-EZ
What To Bring With Me?
- Picture Identification
- Copy of 2011 income tax return
- Social Security card or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) or each family member
- W-2s, 1099s, and all other tax-related documents for 2012
- All 1098 E&T forms for educational expenses
- Childcare provider name, address and &Tax ID number