Career Services assists regarding Federal Work Study eligible students by providing information about on-campus jobs. The process for obtaining a work study on-campus job opportunity is below:

Receiving Federal Work Study Aid

Review your MYVU Portal to see if you have been awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) for the 2014-2015 award year. If you have not been awarded FWS funding, please refer to the Financial Aid Office on eligibility.

Identify On-Campus Job Opportunities

On campus positions are listed on the Career Services LionsLink database. For help registering for and navigating Lionslink, review this guide.

If their is a specific department you are interested in with, but they have not posted a Student Worker position on LionsLink, contact the department directly. When you speak with them, discuss  the possibility of creating a position based on how your background and accomplishments. Remember to tell them you have a Work Study award available to utilize and how you can can help support their department goals. An Elevator Speech can help you confidently approach a department leader.

Note: Career Services does not place student into positions. Each department is responsible for selecting the candidates that best suit their specific needs.

Professional Portfolio

A resume and cover letter are typically used to apply for On Campus positions.  We encourage students to have a career counselor review these documents before submitting anapplication. To schedule an appointment, navigate here.

After the Offer

If a student is offered employment, the campus department and student submit a completed FWS program application to Human Resources along with other paperwork necessary for enrollment.  Human Resources will send a copy of the form to Financial Aid.

Type of Work Study

The Financial Aid Office will notify student to confirm student if he or she qualifies for Federal Work Study, or Institutional Work Study.