Department of Biology
Vanguard University of Southern California
55 Fair Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Phone: (714) 556-3610 x2613
Fax: (714) 966-6316
Dr. Miller completed a 3 year post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Southern California (USC) Norris Cancer Center where he studied the genetic changes resulting in cell immortality and mechanisms of chemical carcinogenics. Author of numerous articles in professional journals and presenter of papers at professional society meetings.
Besides teaching and research Dr. Miller has held numerous administrative positions at Vanguard including department chair, division chair, dean, and associate provost.
|Ph.D.||insert date||Loma University|
|B.A.||insert date||Southern California College (now Vanguard University of Southern California)|
|E.M.B.A.||insert date||Drucker School of Management|
|2000-ongoing||Professor of Biology, Vanguard University|
|2002-2007||Associate Professor of Sociology, Vanguard University|
|2005-ongoing||Project review for Office of Research, California Department of Biology|
|2002||Manuscript reviewer for State University of New York Press|
|1997-2002||Assistant Professor of Biology, Vanguard University|
|1996-1997||Lecturer, UC Riverside|
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
|Plant Physiologist||Field Biology|
BOOKS & BOOK CHAPTERS
- “From Plants to People” in Plant Biology, Jane Smith (ed.). (In progress) Transaction Publishing.
- “Microbiology and the World” Science Journal, John Smith (ed.). Carolina Academic Press. 2003.
- With Jon Doe. “Genetics, Plants, People” Genetics Journal, Jon Doe, (eds.). McGraw-Hill. 1998.
- “Re-presenting Biology.” Footnotes-Newsletter of the American Biology Association 34 (1). January 2006.
- “Nitrogen Fixation in Early Stages.” The Botany Journal 18 (1). 2001.
- “Plant Physiology and Time.” Journal of Bontany and Genetics 5 (1 & 2). 2001.
CONFERENCE & PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS:
- “Reaching the World with Botany.” University of Colorado Biology Studies Seminar. May 22, 2007.
- “Bringing Nitrogen Fixation Into the Classroom.” University of Washington. May 19, 2007.
- “The Plant is the Thing.” Biologist Association. Vanguard University. May 11-13, 2007.
CURRENT MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
- Biologist Honor Society
- Microbiology Leadership Honor Society
- Pacific Plant Physiologist Association
- National Honor Society, Honorary Member, 2001
- Academic Research Grant, Vanguard University, June 2000