Mission: The Master of Science in Clinical Psychology program equips its students to serve with excellence as Christian mental health professionals by providing the highest quality of rigorous academic training, guided professional development, and integrative faith-based learning in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Our degree prepares students for licensure as Marriage and Family Therapists and/or Professional Clinical Counselors within the state of California.
- Classes are offered in the late afternoon and evening.
- Full and part time schedules are available as well as an evening only, four year track.
- Mentoring and individual attention from faculty and staff.
- Environment that facilitates development of a cohesive and supportive community.
The Master of Science in Clinical Psychology is accepting applications for 2018 admissions. The Priority Application Deadline for Spring 2018 is October 1 and for Fall 2018 is February 1.
We offer a variety of support and resources to our alumni and professional partners such as practicum sites, supervisors, therapists, etc.
- Alumni: Letters of Recommendation, Licensing Information and Support, Contact Information, etc.
- Colleagues: Announcements, Practicum Placement, Supervisor Evaluation of the Program, Contact Information, etc.
COST PER UNIT
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
Fall and Spring
Our degree meets the
for licensure as an MFT
and/or PCC in the state of
Examination of the intervention techniques, evidence based practices, and major theories of Marriage and Family Therapy. Application of each theory is evaluated for cultural appropriateness, legal and ethical considerations, working with the severely mentally ill and their families, and use within community mental health services.
A study of the theories and processes of therapy based on the cognitive-behavioral modality. Focus is placed on how belief systems interface with behavior and emotion. Application is made in relation to theoretical diagnosis, assessment and treatment of individuals, particularly with anxiety based or related conditions.