MISSION. We Exist to Honor God and Serve Others by…
The mission of Vanguard University is to pursue knowledge, cultivate character, deepen faith, and equip each student for a Spirit-empowered life of Christ-centered leadership and service.
VALUES. Our Deepest Shared Convictions.
TRUTH: We pursue truth by knowing Christ who is Truth
VIRTUE: We honor God by committing ourselves to the person and model of Jesus Christ
SERVICE: We develop our talents to their potential and discern God’s purpose for our lives
STRATEGY. Our Unique Contribution to Higher Education.
Cultivating the Spirit-empowered life in Christian experience and service
Promoting academic excellence that integrates faith and life
Providing professor-mentors in a dynamic community environment
Mission Measures. Our Measure of Success.
As a Christian comprehensive university of liberal arts and professional studies, informed by its evangelical persuasion and Pentecostal heritage, VU affirms the following confession of faith. We believe:
- The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his personal, future return to this earth in power and glory to rule over the nations.
- That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- That the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- That the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.