When should I apply for graduate school admission at Vanguard University?

Vanguard University accepts applications for admission to its Graduate Programs on a rolling basis. While it is best to apply three to nine months prior to start date, Vanguard accepts applications up to the start of classes. Classes start in the first or second week of January for the Spring term and at the end of August for the Fall term.

Due to limited space in our Clinical Psychology Program, students are encouraged to apply well in advance for the Fall term. Students who submit their entire application prior to the Priority Application Deadline on March 1 are notified of the Program’s decision by April 6. Students who submit their entire application prior to the Late Application Deadline on April 1 are notified of the Program’s decision by May 22.

When will I know if I am accepted?

Once you receive a call or letter stating that your application is complete with the Graduate Admissions office, you will be contacted by the Graduate Program you are applying to within two weeks and they will inform you about the status of your application.

Who is Vanguard accredited by?

The institution is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the regional accrediting body for liberal arts colleges and universities in California.

The Graduate Program in Psychology is approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for academic preparation for the Marriage and Family Therapist License.

The University has approval from the California Commission on Teaching Credentialing for the offering of Multiple and Single Subject Credentials with the Cross-cultural, Language, & Academic Development (CLAD) Emphasis and CLAD Certificate (also known as EL Authorization). A Master of Arts in Education is obtainable in a variety of program options.

Which memberships does Vanguard hold?

The institution is a member of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

I need another reference form, where can I get one?

You may print yourself a pdf copy from our website. You can find it in the individual program site by clicking on the “How to Apply” link on the left navigation bar.

Where can I find the days and times the classes will be offered for the graduate program I am interested in joining?

Please look on our Course Schedule.

Do you have housing available for graduate students?

Vanguard Centre apartment housing is now available to Vanguard Graduate students. For more information and to fill out an application, please visit the Residence Life website. We also have a housing board where you may search for a roommate and/or apartment.

I would like to apply for Financial Aid, where do I get the forms?

Please go to the Financial Aid section of our website.

I would like to file for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, but what is the federal school code?

If you haven’t yet, please fill out the 2008-2009 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) now! Vanguard University’s federal school code is 001293.

Do you offer any scholarships for graduate school students?

We do have institutional aid available for most of our programs. Please see Financial Aid for more information.